As of January 2nd, 2014  undocumented immigrants must register for new driving authorization cards. Senate Bill 303 will allow thousands of Nevadans to finally be on the road legally. In order to obtain a drivers authorization card you will need to take a knowledge test and a driving test which will cost you $47.25 total to pay for the card and the test. This new law prohibits any of your information from being released to Immigration Authorities so people should feel safe when applying for their DAC.


To apply for a Driving Authorization card you must provide all 3 requirements:

  • Proof of Identity
  • Translations of any documents not in English
  • Proof of Residency Status


Remember all documents must be originals no photocopies will be accepted. Here’s a list of approved documents:

1 of the following documents:

  • A Military Identification Card
  • A Military Dependent Identification Card
  • A DD Form 214 – “Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active Duty”
  • U.S. Certificate of Degree of Indian Blood


OR 2 of the following documents:

  • A driver’s license or identification card issued by another state, the District of Columbia, or any territory of the United States
  • A driver authorization card issued by another state, the District of Columbia, or any other territory of the United States
  • A passport issued by a foreign government
  • A birth certificate issued by a foreign government
  • A consular identification card
  • Any document issued by a foreign government that the Department determines is substantially similar to a consular identification card


Any document in a language other than English will have to be translated to English.  Any document translated from a foreign language to English is required to include all of the following:

  • A typed or electronically printed translation which is signed by a translator approved by the Department
  • The full and complete translation of the entire document
  • No abstract translations will be accepted
  • A typed or electronically printed statement conveying:

“I, [insert translator’s full legal name], certify that the foregoing is a complete and accurate translation from [insert foreign language] to the English language to the best of my ability. I further certify that I am fully competent to translate from [insert foreign language] into the English language and that I am proficient in both languages. DMV Approved Translator Number: ________________”


See DMV Approved Translators to locate a translator in your area.


You must provide original or certified copies of 2 of the following:

  • A receipt from the rent or lease of a residence
  • A lease of a residence on which the applicant appears as the lessee during a lease term which includes the previous 60 days
  • A record from a public utility which is dated within the previous 60 days
  • A bank or credit card statement dated within the previous 60 days
  • A stub from an employment check indicating a residential address
  • A document from a state or federal court which is dated within the previous 60 days
  • A document issued by an insurance company or its agent, including, without limitation, an insurance card, binder or bill
  • A record, receipt or bill from a medical provider
  • Tax records for the individual which show a physical residence
  • A statement or bill requesting payment
  • A record of property taxes assessed or paid in this state
  • A deed of trust or other documentation of a mortgage
  • Enrollment records or an identification card from an educational institution in this state
  • A receipt from a hotel, motel, recreational vehicle park or campground located in this State indicating not fewer than 30 days of consecutive residency in this state
  • A voter registration card issued by  the county clerk  or county registrar of voters
  • Documentation of receipt of public assistance from this state
  • A military Leave and Earnings Statement indicating Nevada residency when deployed out of state
  • Notarized statement from the owner of a residence indicating that the applicant physically resides at the residence
  • Documentation indicating that the applicant is enrolled in the Nevada Confidential Address Program (NRS 217.462 to 217.471)
  • Department-approved form for Nevada residency (DMV 005)

Our agents at Capital Insurance Service  are here to help you answer any questions! Don’t hesitate to give us a call!