Spring is in the air in the Truckee Meadows! Even though there is plenty of snow in the Sierras, the weather is warmer and the days are getting longer. But before you get out there to enjoy the weather, you may want to take the time to do some spring cleaning. While that doesn’t seem like very much fun, it will all be worth it when you get your home sparkling clean. Not to mention, cleaning your house after a long winter will help rid your home of dust and other residue, which will make it a healthier and happier place to be! Check out our room-by-room cleaning guide!
- Kitchen: Make sure to clean behind your refrigerator. Dusting or vacuuming your fridge coils will keep it running more efficiently and keep your food colder! While you’re at it, it also might be a good time to defrost your freezer! That way, you’ll have more room for ice cream!
- Living Room: Vacuum under those couch cushions! Also, to spruce up your living room, consider adding different color accent pieces, such as throws and pillows in bright spring colors.
- Bedrooms: Wash all of your linens, including your pillows. Pillows can gather some really nasty stuff, like oils from your skin. Don’t forget to flip your mattress too! Flipping your mattress regularly helps your back and extends the life of your mattress. Spring is also a great time to clean out your closets. Store heavy coats and winter wear, and donate any of those old clothes you no longer wear!
- Bathroom: Clear out those medicine cabinets by throwing away all expired and old medicine and cosmetics. Re-grout all the tile to make sure your bathroom and replace your shower curtain.
- Outdoors: Before it gets too hot, clean all outdoor furniture with hot water and dishwashing soap. Clean off the grill to make sure it’s ready to go. Also make sure to clear your eaves of any debris and check all outdoor light fixtures to make sure they are all in working order.
Spring Cleaning is a chore, but spend one Saturday afternoon on it and you can relax with the peace of mind that it’s all done!